Monday, May 3, 2010

anew

Saturday, May 1, 2010 (6:22 a.m.)

Newport Dunes Tent Site #3318

Anaheim First Christian Church Family Camp #4

Blessed Lord,

It’s a whole new month. Another brand new day. One more opportunity to say, “Good morning. I love You. Thank You.” Mm. Yes Lord. Thank You.

Thank You for reminding me late the other night of the importance of looking into my husband’s eyes when we are trying to understand one another. Thank You that yesterday morning I stopped trying to be understood and once again chose to trust and believe the best in him. What a difference a new attitude can make! Thank You Lord.

Monday, May 3, 2010 (8:13 a.m.)

Yes Lord. A new attitude. Anew: in a new or different, typically more positive, way; afresh. Oh yes Lord. Let it be so!

Psalm 78:7, “So each generation can set its hope anew on God, remembering His glorious miracles and obeying His commands.” Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.”

Hope set anew. God’s masterpiece, created anew. Lord, does there really come a time when we live consistently as though we truly believe and trust these words? Overall I say yes! But what about those times when the doubts and frustrations of everyday living just seem to seep their way into our being, causing us to become bitter, NOT better?

Are those the times Peter was speaking of when he wrote his first letter to Jewish Christians suffering persecution for their faith? The Life Recovery Bible (TLB) tells that Peter’s purpose of this letter was “To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world.” Amen, Lord!

1Peter 5:6-11, “If you will humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, in HIS (my emphasis!) good time He will lift you up. Let Him have ALL (again, my accentuation) worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. Be careful – watch out for attacks from satan, your great enemy. He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion, looking for some victim to tear apart. Stand firm when he attacks. Trust the Lord; and remember that other Christians all around the world are going through these sufferings too. After you have suffered a little while, our God, who is full of kindness through Christ, will give you His eternal glory. He personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and make you stronger than ever. To HIM be all power over all things, forever and ever. Amen.”

Lord, it truly is my prayer that I would come to love and trust You with ALL my cares and worries. I want desperately to live as Your masterpiece, created anew in Christ Jesus. I DO set my hope anew on You. How I ask for the ability to live and breathe You as regularly and naturally as I do every single breath I take.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for the opportunity to begin each new day anew with You. I love You. Amen.

(535 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment