Sunday, October 4, 2009

peace

Sunday, October 4, 2009 (6:54 a.m.)

Oh, Praise Him!

Jesus – thank You! Thank You for specific music in my heart and my head already this morning. Thank You for easy access to the lyrics. Thank You for a peaceful, serenity in my soul. Thank You for Your love and Your grace. Thank You for Your willing obedience to “Our Father who arts in heaven…”

Lord God, I can never even come close to thanking and praising You for all the blessings You provide. There is always going to be something I didn’t notice, or fully appreciate, or recognize as having been from You. Thank You anyway!

Truly Lord, much earlier, as I lay contemplating ‘peace’ I saw again how grateful I am for having You as my Lord and Savior. Noticing a light in the backyard before 5 o’clock this morning, I found it to be a very near full moon almost directly above the swimming pool. Thank You Lord. These are the things for me from which peace and serenity come.

I just recognized myself preparing to give praise to You for helping me find joy in the simple things and I remembered having prayed to You just yesterday asking for reminders of Your joy. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that as I prepare to go spend the day with my mom there is a peacefulness about it. Quite unlike the steeled, harshness I often feel. Thank You Lord. I realize that this too comes from You.

Lord, I offer this day to You. All the plans I think I have, I give them to You Lord. Asking only that You sort through them and use them for Your good and Your glory. Cast aside anything that is not beneficial to Your goodness and grace. Use me this day as You would to bring Your glory and light to an otherwise dark and dreary world.

I love You Lord. Thank You for the peacefulness that washes over me as I am again reminded to Turn your ear (gaze) to Heaven and hear (raise) a joyous noise… Oh, praise Him! He is Holy! La la la la la la!

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(365 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment