Sunday, October 25, 2009

confidence

Sunday, October 25, 2009 (5:29 a.m.)

Most Holy God,

It is with some type of internal confidence that I come before You this morning asking that You would guide and direct me into learning more about exactly that – confidence. In You!

This idea of not living afraid is relatively new to me. I know that it is said again and again in Your Word to “Fear not!” and “Do not be afraid”. But this time around I’m more aware that it’s Your power, Your Word, Your strength in which I am to put my hope, my faith, my confidence. It all comes back to originating in You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that as I sit here reading more of Your Word the desire I have for confidence in You continues to grow. Proverbs 3:26, “for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.” Hebrews 13:5b-6, “because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’”

Lord, I confess to having been afraid for quit awhile (the better part of all my years). You have provided riches and blessings beyond all imagination. I don’t want to live fearfully any longer. I believe You, Lord. I trust You. All of my joy and confidence stem from and reside in You. Help me live this day with full confidence that You will be in my heart and soul and mind and strength (Mark 12:30) teaching me with each step I make and every breath I take how to love You exactly as You desire to be loved by me.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Help me do it well (Philippians 1:9 TM) and with greater confidence in You and Your strength and power. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(319 words ~ 6:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment