Thursday, October 8, 2009

'stuff'

Thursday, October 8, 2009 (5:34 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Lord,

Thank You Lord! Thank You for some eventual restful sleep. Thank You for praises being sung upon my awakening, Praise God from whom all blessings flow… followed by Glory be to the Father…

Bless You Father. Bless You that after getting up and finding my way right, straight here to You I started singing yet another song and smiling. In substituting the word ‘stuff’ for ‘love’ in this particular instance I found myself musing (and equally amused) over the preciseness of it all.

‘Stuff’ is in the air Everywhere I look around ‘Stuff’ is in the air Every sight and every sound And I don’t know if I’m being foolish (actually, I am!) Don’t know if I’m being wise (again, I’m not) But it’s something that I just believe in And it’s there when I look into his eyes

How incredibly awesome it is for me to be able to look and quickly see how easily my focus can shift from the love that is in YOUR eyes to the ‘stuff’ that gets in the air when I don’t turn to You first and foremost with every single situation that comes along around here.

As I prepare to reinsert the proper word to the song, I am reminded of the love that one big brother has for his little sister in bringing her a ‘trinket’ yesterday. “Just a little something” that made him think of her. A smooth small stone with an angel on one side and the word ‘love’ stamped on the other. A ‘trinket’ he continues to call it. A tear invoking treasure to her!

Thank You Lord! Thank You that it is because of YOUR love for each of us that we can even begin to treat one another lovingly.

Love is in the air In the rising of the sun Love is in the air When the day is nearly done And I don’t know if You’re an illusion (but I do and You’re not!) Don’t know if I see it true But You’re something I must believe in And You’re there when I reach out for You

Mm, Lord. So it’s really that simple? I can choose to focus on the ‘stuff’ that’s bound to come along every day OR I can look at Your love. It’s such a no-brainer, yet I so quickly get caught in the knee-jerk reaction of seeing ‘stuff’ so much more readily than Your love. YOUR love that’s in the air In the whisper of the trees Love that’s in the air In the thunder of the seas

Lord, thank You! Wholeheartedly, THANK YOU! Thank You that You are more than able and willing to change the songs of our heart. All we have to do is give them to You.

Love is in the air Everywhere I look around Love is in the air Every sight and every sound And I don’t know if I’m dreaming (I’m not) Don’t know if I feel sane (well, that’s a given!) But it’s something that I must believe in And it’s there when I call out Your name

Thank You Lord! Thank You for changing the ‘stuff’ of my heart back to me believing I am the love of Yours. “The Lord your God will cleanse your heart and the hearts of your descendants so that you will love Him with all your heart and soul, and so you may live!” (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Thank You Lord. I love You Lord. Amen.

(595 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment