Tuesday, October 13, 2009

something

Monday, October 12, 2009 (2:27 a.m.)

Most Blessed Lord,

I believe You are calling me here right now because You have something to say to me, something for me to know.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 (5:22 a.m.)

So many somethings, Lord! Thank You! From the beginning, then repeatedly throughout the day, parts of The Beatles song “Something” sang itself to me. By once again putting You at the focal point of another love song I was buoyed [uplifted, encouraged, invigorated, inspirited – mm, new word meaning enlivened, mm I like that!].

Something in the way You move, Attracts me like no other lover. Something in the way You woo me. I don’t want to leave You now, You know I believe and how.

Lord, I love You so much. Having gotten started with You here so early yesterday it was too easy for me to keep thinking that there was plenty of time to get back with You. Once again, that was not my best decision.

Thank You Lord that much like the truly helpless man at the temple gate that Dr. Luke talks about in Acts 3, I come before You begging one thing and You, in Your infinite wisdom supply something far greater. “As Peter and John were passing by, he asked them for some money. They looked at him intently, and then Peter said, ‘Look here!’ The lame man looked at them eagerly, expecting a gift. But Peter said, ‘We don’t have any money for you! But I’ll give you something else! I command you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!’” (Acts 3:3-6)

Lord God, I confess. I settle far too often for less than Your best for me. Somewhere in Your smile You know That I don’t need no other lover. Something in Your style that shows me. I don’t want to leave You now. You know I believe and how.

Lord, thank You for being the God who loves me far more than I can ever imagine. I look to You and can’t even fathom the love You have for me. You’re asking me will my love grow I don’t know, I don’t know. Stick around, and it may show, But I don’t know, I don’t know. But I really DO know Lord. I know because You are a good and mighty God. You heal each of us. In Your own way and in Your own time.

Father how I thank You for all the somethings that come along and draw my focus back to You and away from my circumstances.

I love You Lord. Something in the way You know, And all I have to do is think of You. Something in the things You show me. I don’t want to leave You now. You know I believe and how.

Thank You Lord for the power to believe. I do believe! I trust. I wait. I look to You and all the somethings You have for me. Help me use them wisely, Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(510 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment