Monday, October 26, 2009

self

Monday, October 26, 2009 (6:01 a.m.)

Hi God,

Nothing fancy, profound or thought provoking about that greeting is there? Nope. Pretty darn sheepish as far as I can tell. I think it fairly well depicts my state of being right now though. Yes Lord. After all, this was my self-proclaimed day for sleeping in. It always seems to work out better when I come to You prior to making my decisions, doesn't it! J

Having started waking up at three this morning, I could tell You had other plans for me. Better plans. Always Lord. Your plans are ALWAYS better for me than my own for myself.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You have such a way of bringing me back around to Your best for me. You are so good. So holy. So perfect. Help me to hear and to understand what it is You have to say to me this morning.

Lord, I love You so very much. I want to be the woman You originally designed me to be. Continue Your work of fining (becoming clear) and refining (removing impurities or unwanted elements; improving by making small changes; making more accurate) me.

Mm. Yes Lord. Improve me. All the things I’m so sure I need. Everything I think I know. Filter it all through Your most holy Self! Your Word, Your Son, Your Spirit, Your Self.

Reading Paul’s letter to Titus once more sparks my desire to live this day Your way! Again I have to confess to You how far away I get from Your grace. It seems so natural for me to just rush on ahead, ever so sure that I know exactly what I’m doing. Only to discover, as I blindly crash into any number of barriers, that oh yeah I forgot another time to run my idea past You first.

Lord, I read this short, three-chapter book and think, “Yes! This is it! THIS is the way I want to live my life.” Truly Lord. You put the ‘agog’ back in my heart. You light the fire that makes me very eager and excited to tell others about living life in and with and through You.

I love You so much Lord. Guide and direct me this day in all that You would have me feel, be, know and do (Mark 12:30). You know exactly what it is You would have me do today. Take me by the hand if You have to and help me get it done. Line me up where You would have me. Put me back on the track You have designed especially for me. Make it clear. Crystal clear of what You would have me doing with this wonderful freedom You have so generously provided me. Lord, I love You so much. And I truly don’t want to waste a moment of all You’ve given me. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your Self! Amen.

(481 words ~ 7:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment