Sunday, August 16, 2026

"Yay, God!"

Sunday, August 16, 2026 (4:14 a.m.)

Holy God, 


Thank You for the privilege of waking, reading, tossing, turning, reading some more. Walking, reading again and actually going back to sleep. Yay, You! Thank You.


Thank You for the dad You provided me. The one who first taught me the simplicity of the phrase “Yay, God!”


Was he being irreverent in that particular moment? I still don’t know.

(5:19 a.m.)


Father, thank You for the opportunity to be curious. To wonder one thing, then follow another.


Thank You for the ways and things You have to teach us. Keeping it simple might very well be best for me.


Lord, You know well my penchant toward complicating things. Perhaps this is my affinity toward the above mentioned, “Yay, God!”


Simple.

(5:37 a.m.)


Again I’m thanking You for so many reasons! Taking the time to slice half of a giant apple, my thoughts take quite a few different turns.


Bringing them back to focus on You, once more I am delighted by the simplicity of saying, “Yay!”


Searching it, I find it “is a pure, joyful expression of praise and thanks. It turns a basic moment of gladness into a short, happy prayer.” How appropriate that I would notice myself smiling. Thank You God.


Thank You for a heart that sings to You.


I Love For All Seasons


Gratitude


Great Are You Lord


Do all You must to keep my focus on simply glorying and enJOYing You today. Throwing out a resounding “Yay, God!” as is appropriate. 


I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(267 words ~ 6:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment