Thursday, August 13, 2026 (3:49 a.m.)
Holy God,
There’s a song. I thought for sure it was going to be the easiest find. Surprise! It’s not!!
Rather than fuss and continue looking, I’m letting it go. Looking to You. Fully trusting and believing that You’ve got even this.
Not that the lyrics of a song are the most important part or start to my day. No. It’s not getting stuck on the small stuff that I want to practice.
Yesterday my plans were completely changed. And I
(4:11 a.m.)
Speaking of changed plans… what about that coffee mistake just now?
Thank You that the hissing I was hearing didn’t continue being ignored by me. Yes! Once I realized I had forgotten to put the carafe back into the machine I went running.
Here’s the best part Dear Lord. I laughed instead of cursing! Probably because the mess it was making was so easily contained. And cleaned up for a re-do.
Hm. Redo. Refresh. Restart. Begin again. Start over.
(4:28 a.m.)
And would You just look at this?!
(4:33 a.m.)
And this!
A computer glitch. Pages restored. And saved. Kind of like us, don’t You think?
(4:40 a.m.)
Father, my attention is all over the place. I look to You to corral my thoughts please. Because You already know them (Psalm 139:2b) I don’t need to make sense of it all (Proverbs 3:5b).
So let’s see if We [You and I] can bring this back around to some kind of order. Yes please.
Okay. First? The song. Thank You very much! Searching some random thought, I remembered a section of a phrase.
Because “but You did it anyway” didn't give me the result I was expecting, I thought I was wrong. Thank You for providing me with “99 You saw one”
Ta-Da! That’s what it took.
♪I’ve seen shame, the kind that comes from mistakes…
...When I left the ninety-nine, You saw the one…
...But You did it anyway♪
(I See Grace)
Oh Dearest God. There have already been so many mistakes this morning. Yet my heart feels stronger than it did yesterday.
Which takes us back to the plans that were completely changed. The essence of Proverbs 16:9 had immediately come to mind.
I confess to not having known what to do with myself at the time. “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.”
I was fully aware of options. I could easily busy myself in other directions. Feeling sad and disappointed came fairly quickly. As did a tinge of anger.
Father, thank You for the decision to sit. Be still. Acknowledge that I had already done enough for the day. I could reach out to friends. I didn’t have to fill the extra time with DO-ing more. Thank You for the time You provided me to just BE instead.
Perhaps that’s why this morning’s earlier coffee snafu was met with laughter rather than curses?
Lord God, I thank You for the ways You work in our hearts, our souls, our minds and our strength. Teach me to truly love You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31) as You would have me.
I want to continue seeing Your grace in all You would have me encounter this day (Psalm 118:24a). The one You have made. That I will truly rejoice and be glad in it (v.24b).
Do all You must Blessed God. I love, need, trust and want You.
♪Grace, grace, God’s grace
Grace that is greater than all my sin…
…And just like that, oh, my past has been erased…♪
I want to be strong in Your grace (2 Timothy 2:1) Dear Lord. Living in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to You (Titus 2:12b). Yes please. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(640 words ~ 5:52 a.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment