Monday, August 17, 2026

a true spirit of wonder

 Monday, August 17, 2026 (5:16 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for clear thinking. And fun ideas.


Thank You for the opportunity to explore my thoughts.

(5:47 a.m.)

Yes, Father! Thank You for a true spirit of wonder!


Because of a huge tendency to criticize myself, I have been known to push wonderment aside in the search of certainty. Thank You for continuing to teach me the importance of wondering. With You.

(6:13 a.m.)


Thank You for the rhythm You are establishing in me.

(6:59 a.m.)


Yes Dad. A rhythm that encourages me to “slow, slow, quick, quick” on occasion. And to “linger longer” on others.


Thank You for the rhythm that allows me to sense the singing of another song. And to parse out the lyrics as they reveal themselves.


♪light… darkness

breath… lungs

pour out our praise

Great Are You Lord


Mm, yes! It IS “Your breath in our lungs” (Genesis 2:7). And we DO “pour out our praise to You only.” Thank You that we do.


Father, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to continue growing my sense of wonder. Using it to truly glorify and enJOY You forever.


I love You. I need and want to live exactly as You have planned for me (Jeremiah 29:11). Trusting You. And not being afraid. Do all You must for my good and Your glory (Romans 8:28). 


In, with, by, through and for a true Spirit of awe and wonder. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(254 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment