Thursday, August 6, 2026

still singing

 Thursday, August 6, 2026 (4:38 a.m.)

Thank You Father.


I woke up singing hours ago. Went back to sleep. And I’m still singing the same song since first hearing it on Sunday. With one word changed.


Instead of “Woman” [the song's title] I’ve inserted “Jesus.” And it fits well.


♪Jesus, I can hardly express

My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness

After all, I'm forever in your debt

And Jesus, I will try to express

My inner feelings and thankfulness♪


Isn’t that what I attempt on a seemingly regular basis? To tell You repeatedly [♪again and again and again♪] how grateful I am for all You do on our behalf.


Singing the song. Considering the lyrics. Reading Your Truth. Embracing the apostle Paul’s words to the believers in Ephesus. Calling them to live “as Children of Light” (Ephesians 4:17-32).


No longer hopelessly confused. With closed minds and hardened hearts. Throwing off the old sinful nature. And letting the Spirit renew our thoughts and attitudes.


Oh! Yes please!!


Putting on a new nature. Created to be like  God - truly righteous and holy.


No longer telling lies. Speaking truth. Not controlled by anger. Nor letting the sun go down while still angry, “for anger gives a foothold to the devil” (v. 27).


Not stealing. Using our hands for good hard work and giving generously to others in need. Not using foul or abusive language. Letting everything we “say be good and helpful” (29b). So that our “words will be an encouragement to those who hear them."


Yes Father. I want to represent You well.


Do all You must that I will truly “get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior” (31). “Instead be[ing] kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another just as God through Christ has forgiven” me (32).

♪Jesus, please let me explain

I never meant to cause You sorrow or pain

So let me tell You again and again and again

I love You, yeah, yeah

Now and forever♪


Yes. Thank You Father that after all these days, I am still singing the same song. With a completely different focus.


Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. Yeah, yeah. Now and forever. Amen.

(384 words ~ 5:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment