Wednesday, August 26, 2026

meditating on the promises

 Wednesday, August 26, 2026 (5:01 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You for the smile I have, reminding me how blessed I am. Yes Father. Sleep was interrupted.

(5:15 a.m.)

Again!


Rather than snark and complain, I truly want to thank and praise. That is what I’m practicing here. Yes! Thanking You in advance of an attitude I don’t yet possess.


What a concept! Indeed. Thank You God!


There is much written about sleeplessness. And using that time to meditate on Your promises.


I confess. I did not! 


But I am now. Thank You for Your Word that is filled with them.


Your faithful love never ends. Your mercies never cease. Great is Your faithfulness. Your mercies begin afresh every morning (Lamentations 3:23-24).


Amen! Hallelujah to that!


Matthew 6:25-34 reminds us of the senselessness of worry. We are to seek Your kingdom first (v. 33a). Above all else. And You will provide us all we need (33b). Thank You for being such a good and faithful Father.


Psalm 119:147-149 - rising early, staying awake, thinking of promises, being revived


Blessed Father, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to train me in meditating on Your promises rather than dwelling on problems. Mm, yes please!


Thank You that my help comes from You (Psalm 121:2a). You, who made heaven and earth (2b).


Thank You that more than uninterrupted sleep, Your grace is what I need (2 Corinthians 12:9a). Your power works best in my weakness (9b).


What joy for those whose strength comes from You (Psalm 84:5). Thank You for Your unwavering steadfastness.


Reading the quote “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” reminds me again to be grateful. Yes Father. Thank You for every single blessing You provide.


I love, need, trust and want You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 5:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment