Saturday, January 6, 2018

"wisely and well"

Saturday, January 6, 2018 (8:43 a.m.)
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Blessed, Holy God,

I love You. And I honestly feel like crying. My emotions are all over the place. Up one second. Down the next. Sadness. Concerns. And then a smile.

A gentle gust of wind. Just enough to move the branches right outside the window. Causing me to smile. And bring the tears even closer to the surface.

Yes. Father. I love You. I don’t know what all is going on inside me. The official end of the holiday season? The last day of another trip? Regret/guilt over time less than well spent?

Oh, most blessed God, how I confess to judging myself. Again. Harshly. Forgive me. Mm, yes Father. Deep breath. Genuine smile. Sit up straighter. Settle my thinking. Rejoice. Repent.

Thank You Father that I get to choose what to do with my feelings. Hold tightly to them? Allow them to exist? Attempt to extinguish them? Or just let them wash over me and be gone.

Let’s try that.

Antonyms for regret are: welcome, applaud, satisfaction, happiness... Let me welcome these misgivings I am experiencing Dear Lord that I would turn to You asking as Moses did, “Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well” (Psalm 90:12).

Yes Bless God. Yes! The smile is real. Giving way to hope. Hope that You do indeed hear our prayers. That there is nothing so insignificant that we can’t bring it to You for healing.

Illustrated Bible Handbook Faith and Feelings states that You fully love and accept us. That while our feelings may surge, our perspectives will change “by consciously relating ourselves and our situation to God”. I am experiencing that very thing right now.

By turning to You honestly, openly and willingly I am trusting You to hear and answer. And before I can even finish my thought You sing to my heart.

Thank You for the ease with which to find the lyrics. ♪Just as I am, without one plea, But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!♪ I do Blessed God. I do come. Just because I can!

♪Just as I am, though tossed about With many a conflict, many a doubt; Fightings within, and fears without, O Lamb of God, I come, I come!♪

The Wise Men came. This day (of Epiphany) celebrates their arrival. Teach me to live it well. Wisely and well.

Thank You Blessed God. Thank You for Your love. For Your mercy. For Your grace. I love You. Let this Truth be obvious. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(456 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment