Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"life and radiant health"

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 (7:09 a.m.)
Holy God,

Let’s talk about love this morning, shall we? Your love for us. Ours for You. And one another. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Oh, most Holy God, thank You that we have so many translations of Your Word from which to choose. To compare. The Message. The Voice. Amplified Bible

There is the flowery descriptive rendering in The Passion Translation. As well as the simplicity of the Contemporary English Version. Speak deeply into my heart this morning Dear Lord. Into my mind, my spirit, even my strength (Mark 12:30).

I love You and I long to love as You command. As I search and study Your Word, I ask You Blessed Father to guide me in understanding as well as action.

Even as I use the word understanding, I turn immediately to Proverbs 3:5-6. “Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions. With all your heart rely on Him to guide you, and He will lead you in every decision you make. Become intimate with Him in whatever you do, and He will lead you wherever you go. Don’t think for a moment that you know it all.”

Yes please! Sign me up for trusting You. Completely. Mm. Yes!

Contemporary English Version for 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 tells us, “Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.

Oh how I confess to not being so many of these. Continue Your gracious, purifying work in me. Mm, yes. Purify me Blessed Lord.

I read Proverbs 4:20-23 and envision You speaking directly to me. “Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully. Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning. Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do.”

It IS Your Word I ask to penetrate deep within my heart, bringing life and radiant health. Yes Father.

The Passion Translation, “Love is large and incredibly patient. Love is gentle and consistently kind to all. It refuses to be jealous when blessing comes to someone else. Love does not brag about one’s achievements nor inflate its own importance. Love does not traffic in shame and disrespect, nor selfishly seek its own honor. Love is not easily irritated or quick to take offense. Love joyfully celebrates honesty and finds no delight in what is wrong. Love is a safe place of shelter, and it never stops believing the best for others. Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).

Oh most Dear and Holy God. How I long to live each moment in the power and purity of Your love. Not easily irritated or quick to take offense. A safe place of shelter. Never giving up or stop believing the best for others.

Yes Father please. I long to live Your Word. Do all You must to this end. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(545 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment