Thursday, January 11, 2018

present tense

Thursday, January 11, 2018 (7:19 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I just begged the question, “How can that even be real?”

Technology is allowing me to watch the sunrise 450 miles north and 75 miles south of here. Present tense. Live. As it is happening.

You amaze me Lord. Colors. Clarity. Real time. And You are even closer than all this. Right here. Right now. All around. And within [cue ♪Quinn the Eskimo♪ and think of Jesus]. Amazing!

(8:12 a.m.)

As I sit here considering all You are, I am thrilled to read Your Word. Right now. Present tense. Real time.

Romans 5:11, “And not only will we be saved, but we also rejoice right now in what God has done for us through our Lord Jesus Christ. It is because of Jesus that we are now God’s friends” (Easy-to-Read Version).

Oh most dear and holy God. I turn to You. Rejoicing. “I trust You Jesus”. Words I am learning to practice saying. Present tense. In the here. In the now.

I love You Father. My mind wanders. I go off on a tangent ["a completely different line of thought or action"]. I am asking You to keep me on task today. Present tense. In the moment.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your beauty. Your grace. Your forgiveness. Your presence. Your will. Your way. Line me up to live each moment of this day as You would have me. Not squandering or wasting a bit of it.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to “make it so Dear Lord. Make it so!” Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(271 words ~ 9:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment