Thursday, January 11, 2018

continuING

Thursday, January 11, 2018 (9:28 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,

I am here, continuING what I just started. Present tense.

I saw the importance of the “ING" when I very first noticed my own ‘shock and awe’ at the beauty of the sunrisING on Kings Beach earlier this morning.

Father, I LOVE when You cause me to gasp! I LOVE when I am reminded of just how very much You love us.

This prayer right now is representative of that love. I am NOT tryING to find or say the right thing. I am here askING Your presence in the overwhelmING task I have set out for myself this day.

Mountains of laundry. Christmas clutter that others could not begin to imagine. A return to a long ago pattern of stiff-neck-headaches seemingly abated by mindless, random, out-of-control eatING.

N-O-T You in that mix Father!

Evidently I have concerns I am not sayING straight out loud to You. There are health issues all over the place. Physical. Emotional. Thank You that You are here in our midst!

This is what I am countING on. Your presence in all of this.

As I prepare to get started, I am now dressed and rarING to go. Lead that I would follow. Don’t allow me to go on ahead of You. “You lead. I’ll follow.” Words I said almost 25 years ago. Yes Father! YOU lead, I’ll follow.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(247 words ~ 10:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment