Wednesday, January 24, 2018

FIX!

Sunday, January 21, 2018 (6:52 a.m.)
Anaheim, CA
Dearest God,

I am grumping and growling right now. Internally. Feeling out of my element. Preparing to be disappointed. Oh! How’s that for honest?

Instead of anticipating joy, I am predicting disaster. 

Thank You Father. Thank You for exactly this particular place in time. Or is that play and time? Right here, right now, I am looking to You. Not seeking a distraction. Or any mind numbing. Just sitting here. Waiting. For the next thing.

More honesty… I think too much. About inconsequential things. I try too hard. Again, inconsequentially.

And this is where I see You coming in to change my thinking. Blessed Father, forgive my whining. Work in and with, by, through and for me that I would come to fix my mind… Yes indeed. That’s the phrase. There’s the word. And a smile. FIX!

The Passion Translation for Philippians 4:8 says, “So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment