Friday, January 5, 2018

"very good"

Friday, January 5, 2018 (6:38 a.m.)
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Holy God,

Good morning. Good New Year. Good. Very good.
(7:38 a.m.)
Mm, yes. Very good.

I’m reading in Your Word Blessed God. Genesis 1. Paying particular attention to verses 26-31. Yet having tremendous feelings of overwhelm.

We have ailing friends and family members. Many requests for prayer. And mixed emotions across the board. Thank You that I get to take another deep breath. Breathing in all Your goodness. Your blessings. Your Truth. Your promises. Your love. Your presence. And hope.

Thank You Father that I don’t have to try and make sense of my feelings. Thank You that I get to look to You and believe that “with all our failings, we are special” (Illustrated Bible Handbook; Human Nature: Man in the Image of God).

Because of Your love for each and every single one of us, we have the privilege to think. Feel. Value. Choose. Very heavy concepts to be sure.

Thank You Father that even though we carry Your image and likeness imperfectly, we each have the possibility of change. Restoration. Repair. To be made new (Ephesians 4:23-24). Mm, yes Dear God. Once again, in this present New Year I am asking You to continue Your work in me.

Jesus, You told Your disciples, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6). And You told the Jewish people who believed in You, “You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:31-32).

I look to You as Truth. I look to You for truth. Thank You that Your Word is filled with You and Your truth. Grow me. Nourish me. Guide me that I would truly be “very good” in Your sight.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.

(327 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment