Tuesday, May 27, 2014

taking care

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 (6:12 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Time is flying. Much is happening. And there's still more for us to take care of. How I thank, when I pause long enough, You for taking care of us.

Psalm 55:22 read in various ways reminds us of the importance of giving our burdens to You. The verb used most is 'cast'; followed by 'throw', 'give', 'turn', 'leave', 'pile'.

Dad, I love looking at the different ways Your Truth is presented. So many variations of saying, “Our Lord, we belong to You. We tell you what worries us, and You won't let us fall” (Contemporary English Version).

There are descriptive nouns like: 'troubles', 'cares', 'thoughts', even 'busyness' and they all boil back down to You taking care of us when we ask You to. We can choose to fret, stew, work, manipulate or we can come to You confessing our needs.

That's where I am this morning. Asking You again to order our day. There are serious health issues to be rectified. I cast them on You. Give them to You. Trusting, knowing, believing Your will to be for our best - “never let[ting] the righteous be shaken.”

The more I read this one verse, the more I find. “Cast thy burdens upon the Lord, and He shall nourish and protect thee; yea, He shall not allow the righteous to be moved” (Wycliffe Bible).

“Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall” (New Living Translation).

There is so much Truth and hope to be found and depended on here. Embolden and empower me to share it freely with others. Father, I love You. I trust You. I depend on You. Do in and with, by and through me all that You wish this day. I'm Yours and I ask You to continue taking such tender care of all that You so dearly love.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(334 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment