Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Memory Lane

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You! Thank You for safe travels. Improving communication. Beauty beyond all expectations. Thank You for a soothing walk along the ocean's edge. And a unhurried stroll down memory lane.

Mm. Memory Lane. Childhood. Young adulthood. Old haunts. Thank You Father for the ability to draw up remembrances of the past. Thank You for leading me to the book of Ruth in the process.

Father, there isn't a lot of time this morning. Very young children are on there way here. As I take in the Truth of Your Word. The love one woman shared for You and her mother-in-law. I ask that You continue Your work in me that I would make and keep the commitments You have for me.

I want to live the peace and joy You offer. The Life Recovery Bible states, “Ruth refused to let difficult times determine the outcome of her future.” Thank You that Your great love for each of us will lead us as we are willing to follow.

Ruth set a wonderful example for us when she refused to leave Naomi (Ruth 1:16). “Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. I will go wherever you go and live wherever you live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.”

Such devotion. Such commitment. I want to love You like that. Keep working in me Father. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(246 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment