Thursday, May 15, 2014

order

Thursday, May 15, 2014 (6:43 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You. Rest is happening. Fun's been had. Communication is improving. Here I am asking once again for order.

Yes. Order. You provided my needs over the weekend. You allowed me the travel mercies I desperately needed. The time I have enjoyed away from day to day responsibilities has been greatly appreciated. Today I have the opportunity to accomplish what most needs to be done. I am asking Your guidance here.

There is far more work than hours and energy. This is an absolute “first things first” kind of day. I look to You. The One who set the world in place. You created it all methodically. Beginning with the heavens and the earth. Shaping the universe out of nothing.

Thank You that in looking to You I have choices. There is Your Word. Starting with Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning...” all the way to Jesus' promise to return (Revelation 22:20). It's His grace we need to withstand all that goes on in and around us.

Thank You for the Truth and sustenance of Your Word. Thank You for beautiful insights from passages such as Psalms 104,148 and Isaiah 40. Thank You for the opportunity to look outside and see the beauty of Your creation firsthand.

Father. I love You. I could easily jump up and begin working all willy-nilly. I prefer not. I ask You to save me from myself. There is a level of importance that I am missing. To be truthful, it all seems to fall into the 'it can wait' category.

Work in me here Blessed Dad. Work through me. Lay it out that I would truly have a sense of purpose and direction. I don't want to be busy for the sake of busy-ness.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask to do it as You wish. Guide me. Direct me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(324 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment