Thursday, May 22, 2014

family members

Thursday, May 22, 2014 (6:58 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You. These past few days we've been able to spend time with family members making plans of more to come. Thank You for the love between us that results in the desire to be with one another.

Thank You that Your Word even speaks to this. Guide and direct me in all You'd have me practicing today.
(7:47 a.m.)

Jeremiah 31. A chapter of hope for a struggling people. A reminder of Your promises and what is yet to come.

Mm, Father. How I thank You for Your Word. Your Truth. The hope that is found within. As I read of Your promises to rebuild Your land and Your people, I quote here the whole of The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 1-40.

“God paints a joyful picture of recovery, with all the elements of repentance, sorrow, forgiveness, laughter, restoration, and hope. Once again God's people would follow His plan for them, and He would receive their worship and praise. We can experience this kind of restoration, too. We start the process by admitting our need for God's healing power in our life. God desires to rebuild His relationship with each of us, no matter how far we have strayed from Him. He delights in finding new ways to exhibit His love to those who belong to Him.”

Blessed Father, You never cease to bring me joy. I turn to Your Word and my heart quickens in anticipation of the Truth I will find there. Thank You for Your Truth. Your promises. Your plan.

Continue Your work in making us the people who will no longer “have to teach each other or encourage their family members and say, 'You must know the Eternal.' For all of them will know Me [YOU] intimately themselves – from the least to the greatest in society, I [YOU] will be merciful when they fail and forgive their wrongs. I [YOU] will never call to mind or mention their sins again” (v. 34).

Oh to live our life as family members who full on believe and trust You at Your Word. This I ask in Your Son's most holy and precious name. Remind and make me able Dearest God. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(381 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment