Friday, May 16, 2014

understanding and answers

Friday, May 16, 2014 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Thank You. You gave me guidance and direction yesterday. Work was accomplished. Time well spent. Thanks Dad. This morning I'm asking again for more of the same.

I'm also asking for Your continued work on my behalf. Last evening there was a sharpness in my tone over a simple request. I noticed it right away and tried to make it better. Keep working in us Father.

Blessed God, I love looking at words with You. Especially when it takes me deeper into Your Word. Learning things I had missed before. Luke 2:47 presents me with a whole different way of looking at sharpness.

The Message says this about Jesus' first Passover trip to Jerusalem, “The teachers were all quite taken with him, impressed with the sharpness of his answers.” When my answers are sharp, I want it to be because of understanding. Insight. Power of comprehension. Intelligence. Wisdom. Knowledge. Prudence.

At age twelve Jesus amazed the teachers of the law with His understanding and answers about spiritual truths. Temper my responses to be far more like His than my own.

We are looking at warm weather again today Father. I don't know if it's supposed to be record breaking like the past few days but I am keenly aware of the potential fire danger. I ask Your mercies on those who have lost so much already.

Our hot, dry, windy conditions have had me thinking of what an eternity without You would be like. Brittle. Brutal. Unsavory. Not to my liking at all.

Thank You for sending Your Son to provide the way to life everlasting with You. Thank You for His understanding and answers. Thank You for His obedience and sacrifice. I ask to use His example well this day.

I love You Father. Mind my words and my tone. Use me as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen. 
(321 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment