Sunday, February 17, 2013

♫Blessed Jesus♫


Sunday, February 17, 2013 (8:15 a.m.)
Father,
Thank You! This one I would have had trouble finding on my own and You took me right to it! The only words I had were Blessed Jesus and a tune. How does one ever just look up a tune? But here You were, guiding me.
Last night I needed a comforting song for a distraught child. All the ones I have sung to him these past seventeen and a half months, since the night of his birth, fell flat. Not one of them has mentioned Your care and love and protection of him. Forgive me Father. It never occurred to me the need we have of reminding him of Your continual presence in his life.
Crooning ever so softly to him, I knew I would go directly to the section of CHILDREN'S HYMNS in our Hymnals and learn some emergency standbys. And that is exactly what I did. Oh yeah, Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children How could I have forgotten to think of those?
Thank You for reminding me. Thank You that we have a piano in the room in which he sleeps and I can pick out tunes to the plethora of songs I have yet to sing to him. Songs that will nurture him and comfort him and help him grow knowing of Your great love for not only him but all of Your children, of which he is truly one.
Father thank You that this morning when there were only two words I could think of from this current hymn, I again turned to CHILDREN'S HYMNS and immediately wondered, “Could this be it?” A quick turn to the page listed and yes indeed Savior, like a shepherd lead us ends with Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus, Thou hast loved us, love us still
Father, prepare me with a new arsenal of protective songs that will remind this little guy wherever he may go in his life of Your great and perfect love for us all. Sing to us Father of all You are and ever will be.
Thank You Father. I love You. Use me this day to represent and serve You well. Thank You. Amen.
(364 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment