Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God's presence


Tuesday, February 12, 2013 (6:55 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
This morning I am here asking Your presence on friends, loved ones, those in need. There are decisions needing to be made. A snippet written to describe Psalm 91 says, “Security is found in the shadow of the Almighty.”
As I was reading, music I heard played on Sunday came to mind. The next thing I know I am searching for the lyrics of Marty Goetz singing, The Love Of God. Father, thank You.
Thank You for this man who loves You so very much. Thank You for his energy. His talent. All put to use for Your glory. Thank You for the ability to find the lyrics that were not immediately available.
Thank You also for the Truth behind his words. The story of Your greatest love found in Matthew 27:26-54. This is the love I am asking for others. The love that is described back where I started. In Psalm 91.
“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from every disease. He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection” (1-4).
It goes on about not being afraid. Not dreading. We are to trust. To believe. Verses 14-16 conclude this psalm with Your promise, “The Lord says, 'I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.'”
Father, this is my prayer for all of us who need You so desperately. Be all that You truly are that we may each find security in the shadow of Your presence. Let us live Your love. Thank You Father. I pray this in Your Son's most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(374 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment