Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day by Day - A Prayer


Saturday, February 16, 2013 (8:38 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy Father God,
Thank You again for reminding me of Your presence. Very early in the morning, before eyes were even open, there You were reminding me of approaching things “one day at a time”.
From there I was immediately singing to myself ever so softly Day by day O dear Lord three things I pray♫ Of course that's as far as I got 'cause I couldn't remember what the three things were.
Looking it up just now I am reminded: To see Thee more clearly, Love Thee more dearly, Follow Thee more nearly, Day by day
Ah yes dearest Father. See You. Love You. Follow You. Hmmm... The verse sited here as reference is Deuteronomy 11:1. Reading the various interpretations I choose the Contemporary English Version as the translation to quote this morning. “The Lord is your God [see that], so you must always love Him [love] and obey His laws and teachings [follow].
Father God, I ask You to make me willing and able to see You more clearly, love You more dearly and follow You more nearly day by day.
Yes Lord, day by day is my prayer this morning. One day at a time growing stronger in and through You and Your great love for mankind. Thank You Father. Use me well this day I pray. Thank You I love You. Amen.
(236 words ~ 9:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment