Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello. I love You.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013 (6:52 a.m.)
Most Holy Father,
Good morning. Hello. I love You. Searching Your Word for this simple greeting, the next thing I know I'm singing a number one hit from the 60's. Yet it fits. Well.
I wonder... nope, change that. No need to wonder. It couldn't be You asking me. No. Well, yes it could. Even though You would already know the answer (Psalm 139) You could ask just for drill.
But let me turn it back to being about Jesus. Although the words were different, I imagine the emotion of the two Marys on that first Resurrection Sunday (Matthew 28). They went to Your tomb because of their love for You. There was an earthquake and an encounter with an angel who told them to “go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead” (v.7).
I can only begin to picture their collective shock and awe as “the women ran from the tomb, badly frightened, but also filled with joy” (8). I think it would be nothing compared to what they must have felt next. As they were running, “Suddenly, Jesus was there in front of them. He said, 'Hello!' They went to Him and, holding His feet, worshiped Him” (9).
Would I do that Lord? Would I fall to Your feet and worship You? I can only pray so! What I am taking away with me this morning is much more than a new appreciation for this hit song from the 60's. It's even more than Your casual greeting to these two women who truly loved You.
The angel they encountered told them to “Go quickly and tell”. I confess my reticence to do this. So often I want to share You with others. With the same excitement I have when talking about a good movie or performances by young people. I don't do it. I hesitate. I rethink my audience. I don't want to come off 'weird'.
Change this in me I pray. As freely as I can sing Hello, I love You truly Dearest Jesus Let me jump in Your game Make it so I will speak honestly, openly, willingly about You and Your sacrificial love for those of us who walk this earth.
You are so good. So generous. And I want to readily share Your Good News with others. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Hello. I love You! Let me use this Truth well. Thank You. Amen.
(414 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment