Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Praise Him!"


Wednesday, February 6, 2013 (8:54 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
I am here in body, but not yet in spirit. How/why is that? You are amazing. Wonderful. Generous. Giving. Forgiving... And I'd rather spend time surfing the net? Checking on things about people I don't even know.
Father, thank You. Thank You that in confessing my own inability to pay attention only to You, a song started singing as soon as I asked the question, “How do I get connected to God?” The words hadn't even formed in my head when the immediate answer was, “Praise Him!”
Praise Him. Yes. I remember being taught that by Psalty the Singing Songbook when our kids were young. Thank You God. Thank You Father.
Thank You My Jesus, My Saviour, Lord there is no one like You, All of my days, I want to praise the wonders of Your mighty love. My comfort, my shelter, Tower of refuge and strength Let every breath, all that I am Never cease to worship You
THAT's what I want! To Never cease to worship You! Psalm 107:2, in the Contemporary English Version says, “Everyone the Lord has rescued should praise Him”. That's me!
♫Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing, Power and majesty, praise to the King! Mountains bow down and the seas will roar, At the sound of Your name! I sing for joy at the work of Your hands, Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand Nothing compares to the promise I have in You
Blessed Father, thank You for aligning my heart, my soul and my mind right here with my body. As we go forward into this day, how I ask that You would provide all that is needed for me to love You as I ought. Mark 12:30 says, “And you must love Him with all your heart and soul and mind and strength.” Make it so Dearest Lord. Make it so this day and into the next.
Thank You for loving us as perfectly as You do. Let me use Your love well this day. As something treasured that is to be shared with ALL I meet. Thank You for being everything we could ever possibly need. Thank You. Praise You. Love You. Amen.
(376 words ~ 9:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment