Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Freedom in Christ


Wednesday, February 20, 2013 (9:03 a.m.)
Let's try again, yes?
Father, forgive me for I have sinned. I refused to be willing to allow You to change my heart. I held tightly to hurtful words. I refused to let them go. I played them over and over in my mind. I allowed them to steal my joy.
This I did, all the while knowing that You sent Your Son to His death on my behalf and I refused to care. Forgive me Father.
I plead stubbornness. Arrogance. I can't plead ignorance because I knew full well the choice I was making. I was choosing unforgiveness and bitterness. Choosing NOT to heed Your call to forgive and let go of the slight.
Father, thank You that this morning I choose You! I choose Your Word. Your will. Your way! I choose forgiveness. Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control (Galatians 5:22-23a). These I did NOT choose the past few days. Forgive me.
In choosing apathy, I forfeited my opportunity to “live love”. Paul's letter to the Galatians was written “to encourage readers to depend on Christ alone for salvation and daily strength.” I chose not only to disregard these wise words, I refused to even read them.
Look at this glorious Truth found right here (Galatians 5:13-15) “For, dear brothers, you have been given freedom: not freedom to do wrong, but freedom to love and serve each other. For the whole Law can be summed up in this one command: 'Love others as you love yourself.' But if instead you are always critical and catty, watch out! Beware of ruining each other.”
Guilty! Guilty as charged. I fell hard back into the pattern of the past. Forgive me Father. I clung tightly to my unwieldy desire to be affirmed for my efforts and chose to simply withdraw and refuse to care. That is NOT the freedom Your Son died to provide for us.
The Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “Freedom is a union with Christ by which the tiger in us is bound and the best in us unchained.” Ah, yes Dearest Father. Bind the tiger in me and unchain the best.
Thank You that we are truly called to live our lives through Freedom in Christ. Yes Father. Praise You. Thank You. Make it so in me I pray. Thank You. I love You. Live and work in and through me this day to Your glory and Your good. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 10:31 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment