Friday, February 15, 2013

all


Ash Wednesday, February 13, 2013 (6:54 a.m.)
♫Jesus You're my All,
♫All to You I owe; Sin had left its crimson stain You washed it white as snow What a wonderful opportunity! This I didn't expect at all.
I confess to You Dearest Father, as much as I had planned an early rising, when the time came I didn't want to get up at all. All my best intentions and there I lay.
Thank You that right in the midst of weighing all the pros and cons between the benefits versing the comfort Jesus Paid It All kept singing over and over to me. Thinking it nice, I wasn't prepared to learn it's history.
Father God, I'm so used to the chorus. It seems as though I often forget that there is a hymn (since 1865) attached as well. Thank You for again reminding me. I hear the Savior say, “Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all.”
And now comes the refrain we sing in church Oh praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead Father thank You. Thank You for knowing we needed a Savior. Thank You for sending Him to die on our behalf. Thank You for making Him not only willing, but able to carry out such an impossible task.
Thank You also for the section of Scripture I've been taken to this morning because of this hymn. The verses mentioned are 1Peter 1:18-19, which fall under the heading A Call to Healthy Living (1:14-2:3). Oh how I long to heed Your call, Most Blessed One!
Today is Ash Wednesday. The first day of Lent. A time for fasting, abstinence and prayer in preparation for Easter. I have yet to decide what (if anything) I would “give up” for this most Holy time. Rather than brashly heading out on my own here Dearest Lord, instead I ask You to lead and guide me that I might heed and follow YOUR call to healthy living.
Yes Father, let me not only study but truly apply this section of Your Word these next six weeks. Jesus paid it all All to Him I owe Sin had left a crimson stain He washed it white as snow
Thank You for ALL You have done on our behalf. Thank You for loving us so very much. Help me live what You know to be a heathy life. I love You and I long to serve You well. Thank You for truly being our all in all! Amen.
(434 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment