Tuesday, June 5, 2012

thrilling


Thursday, May 31, 2012 (6:54 a.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
Blessed God,
Thank You. This “going with the flow” attitude has turned out to be quite an experience. Recognizing that we are in desperate need of improving our communication skills has lent us to discovering new, different, better ways of engaging one another.
Hallelujah Jesus! The stress and strife we are used to when preparing for a trip took a backseat this time to patience and practice. Thank You!
Thank You for a heightened intent to express desire. Goal setting has never been my strong suit. There are so many things I’d rather do than think of a myriad of things I may or may NOT accomplish someday.
But then Monday happened. A mistake I had made in remembering my own schedule allowed me two extra hours in the afternoon. Two hours that changed the whole climate of our household. I became willing to acquiesce my own desires to that of my husband’s. While at the very same time setting limits for what to expect from myself.
You are doing this in me Lord! Where I used to be inclined to step up my efforts, this time I clearly saw that I was more than willing to just go along with his plan at the complete sacrifice of my own.
I would not be doubling up my energy later on, trying to manufacture a semblance of order where there really was none. We had not been taking care of business in a timely manner for months and there was to be no point in making a last ditch effort to bring it all around.
What relief there was in just sitting and enjoying the company of loved ones. Laughter. Fun. Mistaken beliefs of over thirty years put to rest. Thrilling, Lord. This experience has truly been thrilling!
Tuesday was even better. Fully embracing the date, I explored options. I asked for what I wanted and we were blessed with surprise after surprise. A beloved anniversary date was truly celebrated with love, honor and esteem. Thank You God.
Taking a balanced approach to the packing that needed to be done, it was all taken care of in a matter of hours. Rolling eyes, under-breath mutterings and threats of just not going were not a part of this particular procedure. Patience and the reminders to communicate were paramount. This again was You completely working in and through each of us.
Our experiences yesterday were even more than we could have hoped. From our impromptu change of departure times to the perfectly timed breakfast, we were blessed again by You. Not only did we have delicious food, we were right next to a tire place when two separate but equally friendly and very concerned patrons let us know our tire was flat. You God! These past several days have been superceded by You.
Thank You for the opportunity to take the time and enjoy the hospitality of long time friends in an area completely unfamiliar to us. Thank You for the decision to take a road less traveled intermingled with a path of least resistance. It was there that I recognized, “Oh! I really CAN set goals.”
They don’t have to be the long range 5, 10, 20 year ones I was tasked to complete in high school. No. I can opt to learn something as relatively simple as breathing in and out through my nose. Not something that seems too difficult, except when hiking up an unfamiliar trail to Mt. Whitney Portal.
Another goal? Right there with improving our communication skills, is learning to identify what I really want. I am so used to ‘taking what I get and liking it’, an enormous [an equally erroneous J] mandate from childhood, that I don’t often recognize when I’m being compelled to something I don’t want.
I’ve always been so geared toward peace keeping that it was until just recently that I was introduced to the idea of peace making. This is something YOU must be the absolute Leader of! I am nowhere near strong or wise enough to put this concept into action.
But I’ve seen YOU act. In just these past several days of practicing completely letting go of the way I thought things were supposed to be, we have been blessed by serendipitous experiences one right after another. Thank You Father.
Even in a time of deep frustration, a much-respected pastor was quoted. The instruction is to follow breathing in while thinking, saying or praying, “Heavenly Father” with exhaling and the words “breathe through me”. I think of the Holy Spirit being linked to breath, as well as of You having first breathed life into Adam. Yes. “Heavenly Father, breathe through me.”
It is time for me to give up my childish beliefs (1 Corinthians 13:11). Grow me up Dearest Father. I’ve encouraged people through the years to fully express themselves by speaking truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). It’s so past time for me to learn to do the very same. Teach me Daddy God. I love You so very much. Life in and through You is absolutely thrilling! Thank You. Amen.
(857 words ~ 9:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment