Friday, June 15, 2012

♫Friday♫


Friday, June 15, 2012 (7:41 a.m.)
Holy God,
I asked You for order yesterday and that is exactly what You provided me. Thank You Father. This morning I am torn as to what direction You would have me take.
So often when You wake me up with a song it ties together somehow with Your Word. This morning however I can’t even begin to make it make sense.
A fun song I occasionally dance to on Wednesdays. It still has me wondering. Is there something You want to say to me here?
I definitely don’t think it’s in the chorus. We’re gonna shut the club down but could it be in the title? Imagine my surprise when I looked it up and found it to simply be Friday.
Lord, is there something about Friday You want me to learn? Or know? Or be aware of?
(9:35 a.m.)
Smile. Deep breath. Heavy sigh. Another smile, of contentment. I searched ‘Friday’ for quite awhile. Read several verses in various books. One in Luke. A similar one in Mark. Another in Nehemiah. But it’s the comment regarding Exodus 16 that has me intrigued.
Yesterday while reviewing 1 Corinthians 14:40, concerning order, I was reminded by the comment in The Life Recovery Bible of the importance of “healthy interdependence… Interdependence describes a healthy relationship in which we attempt to meet one another’s needs without seeking some hidden reward.” It went on to speak of needing to “learn to love selflessly” and “restoring broken, dysfunctional relationships, turning them into healthy and interdependent ones.” Oh, how desperately I pray this Our Father!
The chapter in Exodus deals with the Israelites need for food and again their failure to believe that You would provide their needs. ‘They lacked faith in Your power and still didn’t understand their privileges as Your people.’
Father, I confess. I fall in that category far too often! The commentary goes on to tell how You “faithfully provided them anyway, and the people’s faith was given further reason to grow.” Yet, they didn’t respond to You with faith or gratitude. They didn’t trust in You or grow in character or holiness.
I ask You Dearest Father God, as You continue supplying my every need and growing my faith, remind me to seek Your help first ‘during the wilderness periods of my own life’. Prompt me to thankfulness.
You are so good. So holy. So worthy. So able. On this particular Friday, I ask that You would bless this upcoming weekend with exactly what You would have us use with which to glorify and enjoy You forever.
Thank You for loving us. Teaching us. Providing for us. And growing us into the people of Yours that You would have us be. I love You Dad. Thank You. Amen.
(437 words ~ 10:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment