Tuesday, June 5, 2012

target practice


Sunday, June 3, 2012 (7:18 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Most Incredibly Awesome God,
We had a giant hiccup yesterday. I started out praying to You about clear, clean air. The next thing we knew, our communication skills had regressed to that of our very early relationship.
Thank You Father that we got through the ordeal fairly unscathed. I confess to not knowing how to let go of the negativity.
And ‘just like THAT’ You’ve changed my focus! It’s about progress. NOT perfection!
In a matter of seconds, going from confession to insight, You’ve adjusted my attitude. While I had planned to rehash the mistakes we made yesterday, You’ve washed them away from me. Thank You God.
Thank You that as I sit here with You I truly sense Your peace washing over me. Your peace, that is promised in Philippians 4:7. “If you do this [not worry, pray instead, thank God for His answers (v.6)] you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.”
Again I confess. I got angry yesterday. Angry at all the steps backward we had taken. Angry to the point of using really bad words. And then I surrendered. But not to You. I surrendered to the circumstances.
It all makes so much more sense in the light of day. In the Light of Your Word! Father. Today I ask You to bless us and keep us. ‘May Your face radiate with joy because of us; may You be gracious to us, show us Your favor and give us Your peace’ (Numbers 6:24-26).
Your peace, in this absolutely gorgeous setting. What more could I possibly ask? How about a little more proficiency in my target practice of communication and healthy relationships? Yeah. That would be cool too.
Thank You Father. Thank You for Your love. Your patience. Your forgiveness. And Your availability to us all. You are so good. And we truly are so very grateful. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(358 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment