Friday, June 8, 2012

another train song


Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Tahoe Vista, CA
Blessed Father,
I woke up this morning singing another train song. And again, I’ve fashioned it to refer to You.
Well you wake up in the mornin’ you hear the work bell ring… Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me
I took those words to Yours and found Isaiah 60. Verses 1 and 19, “Arise, my people! Let your light shine for all the nations to see! For the glory of the Lord is streaming from You… No longer will you need the sun or moon to give you light, for the Lord your God will be your everlasting light, and He will be your glory.”
While reading about the original lyrics of the song I saw where they have been changed through the years. Even the change of one word in the very last verse represents You to me. Sometimes everlovin’ is sung everlivin’. That’s YOU Lord no matter how we slice it!
As I choose to interchange these words I truly, most sincerely ask that You, my “Midnight Special” would shine Your Everlovin’/livin’ Light on me Shine on me Lord. Shine in me. Shine through me, I pray. Thank You Loving/Living Father. I love You. Amen.
(211 words)


No comments:

Post a Comment