Friday, June 8, 2012

love and laughter


Friday, June 8, 2012 (6:10 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,
Thank You! Today is our last full day here. There is packing to be done and fun to be had. Speaking of fun, thank You for yesterday.
(7:29 a.m.)
You have blessed us with so much. We’ve experienced Your beauty, creation, love and laughter. So much laughter! Thank You Father.
Thank You for the opportunity to explore new water sports yesterday. It was a day absolutely led by You. Without a set agenda, we took one opportunity at a time.
Waking to calm water and a clear sky it seemed perfect to use our coupon for two hours of Stand Up Paddling. The compassion of two very nice men allowed us to split the hours between ourselves instead of having to stick to the fine print clause of one board, one rider. Thank You God that we had the courage to ask for what we wanted.
Coming back after a delightfully delicious and completely unexpected lunch, more water play was to be had. And with such came the laughter. SO much laughter! In fact Father God, I can’t remember the last time I laughed with such complete abandon.
Thank You! As I sit here remembering the sheer glee with which I giggled as every wave crashed more water into our incompletely filled inflatable kayak, I wish I could say You were my very first thought. Reading Psalm 100 in The Message right now I realize how appropriate it would have been at the time. [Well, except for the first four words! J]
“On your feet now – applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence.” (vs.1-2) Oh how I ask that our laughter translated into genuine applause for the beauty of Your Creation.
You have blessed us Lord. Freely. Sincerely. Deeply. We are truly grateful for the opportunity to fully enjoy all You created those first six days (Genesis 1). No wonder at the end of each You were pleased!
Yesterday, right in the midst of such frolicking and frivolity, I wish I had thought to use it as a ready reminder for verses four and five. “Enter with the password: ‘Thank You!’ Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.”
I took the fun Dearest Father. I enjoyed it with every single ounce of my being. Forgive me for not offering it back to You [until now J] as the biggest thank offering I can remember.
Be with us I pray Most Holy God. We are making plans for the next stop on our journey home. Make us of one mind. That of truly glorifying You and enjoying You forever. Let us praise You and have fun in the process. You are so incredibly good to us. Thank You for all the love and laughter You have provided us thus far. We love You Lord and desire to serve You well. Thank You. Amen.
(512 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)
P.S. Just an added giggle of appreciation Lord. As I glanced down to the open pages of The Life Recovery Bible, my eyes fell directly on Psalm 98:8,9. “Let the waves clap their hands in glee and the hills sing out their songs of joy before the Lord, for He is coming to the world with perfect justice.” I look out the window at this glorious view and I see that description happening.
(9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment