Tuesday, June 5, 2012

♫Blue Skies♫


Tuesday, June 5, 2012 (7:37 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Blessed Father,
You are so good. Thank You for such an incredible surprise. Blue skies Smiling at me Nothing but blue skies Do I see Well, blue skies and snow and mountains and a calm, peaceful lake.
What a difference from yesterday. Lord God, You truly never cease to amaze me. In the blink of an eye, without much warning, we’ve gone from warm to cold. How perfect that today the sheer beauty of the skies would lead me to Psalm 19:1-4.
A rare phenomenon involving the sun and Venus is scheduled to take place this afternoon around 3:00 p.m.
The Learning Bible teaches concerning verse four, “The sun was worshiped as a god in the ancient world, sometimes by the people of Israel. It is possible that Psalm 19 had its origin as a song of praise to the sun. If so, it was changed to become a song of praise to God.”
Thank You that there are always so many reminders to praise Your most holy name and being. The very beginning of this Psalm in the Contemporary English Version of Your Word starts out The Wonders of God and the Goodness of His Law. The first four verses speak volumes concerning Your wonders.
Even the definition for the word wonders strikes a chord within me. “A feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.” I was surprised alright! I researched the weather forecasts for days before beginning our packing. NO hint of rain or freezing temperatures. A definite feeling of surprise mingled with admiration…
All those long years ago, David looked at the skies and exclaimed, “The heavens keep telling the wonders of God, and the skies declare what He has done. Each day informs the following day; each night announces to the next. They don’t speak a word, and there is never the sound of a voice. Yet their message reaches all the earth, and it travels around the world. In the heavens a tent is set up for the sun.”
Father, I cannot even begin to put my thoughts and feelings [mind and heart] into words. I look out and am inundated with external stimuli. Not being able to aptly express myself Father, I skip down to the closing verse (14) of this chapter. “Let my words and my thoughts be pleasing to You, Lord, because You are my mighty Rock and my Protector.”
In looking here, I find yet another song. Charity’s Heart Song from the Psalty’s Kids Bible O Lord, fill my heart, fill it up with you. O Lord, take my heart, make me more like You. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart, Be acceptable to You. May Your love in my life be a light to the world, That keeps on shinin’ through. O Lord, fill my heart, fill it up with you. Oh, Yes Dearest Father, fill my heart up with You!
As the clouds come rolling in, I can still see patches of the blue skies that brought me here to You this morning in the first place. Thank You Father for the things You do to remind us of Your very being. Thank You for Your love and Your goodness. Help me use them well this day.
Blue skies HIDING from me… I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(576 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment