Friday, June 29, 2012

perfect


Friday, June 29, 2012 (7:04 a.m.)
Awesome God,
You are so good. So holy. So perfect. WOW! May I just say, “I LOVE the way You work!”
One minute I’m thinking of Your attributes. Considering Your perfection. And the very next, I’m reading Jesus’ words from His sermon on the mount. Quick searching the word ‘perfect’, Matthew 5:48 popped up quite unexpectedly.
The Message immediately screamed Your message to me. “In a word, what I’m saying is, Grow up. You’re kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.”
Father, I confess to not knowing how to do that. I read about it. I like the idea of it. But I truly fail at the execution of all my good intentions. Thank You for reminders of Your messages to us. Thank You for people (such as Eugene Peterson) who work tirelessly to transcribe Your Message into words we can read, understand, get excited about and recognize when we are falling short.
I do fall short in SO many ways. Thank You that You continue to love me in spite of myself. How I ask that You will show me this day EXACTLY how You would have me live out my “God-created identity”. Teach me how to truly “Live generously and graciously toward others” the way You live toward me. I confess it sounds wonderful. I get excited just reading it. How much more would it be to really, honestly live it.
Yes. Indeed. Most perfect Parent, teach me what it is to “Grow up” in You and to live as a Kingdom subject. Live in and through me that I will know and do just as You would have me. I love You so much. And I am truly grateful for Your perfection. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(314 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment