Thursday, May 17, 2012

associated thoughts


Tuesday, May 15, 2012 (1:14 p.m.)
Anaheim, CA
Blessed Father God,
I’m not sure if I’m making sense of this, or just making it up. For so many of the past few days I keep singing a couple of words to a song I hardly know. In looking it up yesterday I was even more confused than I had been before, until working in the yard last evening. I think it might be a stretch, but it works for me!
There I was in the cool, cool, cool of the evening remembering four words from Psalm 23:6 and the next thing I knew I was thinking of the table You prepare “before me in the presence of mine enemies” (v.5).
I truly love how one thought of You often leads to so many others. There’s some truly special kind of wonderful in being able to associate random thoughts back to Your Word.
With the liberty I’ve taken in singing a song dating back to 1951 and associating it with the idea of the table You’re setting for each and every one of Your followers, I am eager to continue looking for other things that remind me of You.
Father, how I ask You to continue associating my thoughts with Your Word. Keep speaking to me. Guiding me all the days of my life. And we’re right back to where those first four words came in. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me…”
And with that comes the chorus Tell ‘em I’ll be there Whatever the table You are preparing, I am thrilled to be invited. Thank You Father for the lengths You will go to get our attention back to You and Your table. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(290 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment