Tuesday, May 22, 2012

opportunity


Tuesday, May 22, 2012 (7:12 a.m.)
Incredibly Awesome Wonderful God,
Thank You! I almost missed this opportunity. I was waking up. Thinking that I once again didn’t have anything special to say to You. Not in a willful, stubborn way. Just a matter of fact, there’s nothing new going on.
Then I remembered that I have the opportunity to come before the Creator of the Universe. How could I possibly just discard that?
Father, thank You! I have the opportunity to come before You to listen and learn. I get to ask You to help those in need. This opportunity is a privilege. A privilege purchased at a great cost. The life of Your Blessed Son.
I look to Your Word. I am humbled and awed. I started with ‘opportunity’ and went to Colossians 4:5-6, “Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don’t miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them up.”
Mm. Opportunity. A chance. Favorable time/occasion/moment, right set of circumstances. Make the most of every one. Yes Father. Keep working in me that You truly come first, before everything else in life. Let me make the decision to praise, worship and adore You just because You deserve it.
Thank You for the opportunity to be loved by You. Thank You for the opportunity to share that love with others. Work in me that I will truly “live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity.” Let conversations that come from me “be gracious and attractive”. Make it ‘so that I will have the right response for everyone’. That seems like an incredibly tall order. One that can only be filled by You.
Thank You for Your love. Your call. All that You are and do. Thank You for this opportunity. And the next. Make me aware of every single one. I love You so much. And I thank You. Amen.
(349 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment