Friday, May 18, 2012

guidance


Friday, May 18, 2012 (7:25 a.m.)
Awesome, Beloved, Loving, Father God,
How I thank You Father. You provide our every need. You take care of us in ways we are not even aware. Thank You for Your love. Your guidance. Mm. Yes Dearest God. Your guidance. 
Spending many minutes looking up various verses in different translations, it’s the Contemporary English Version that has caught the bulk of my attention. The prelude to Psalm 25 begins simply “(By David.) A Prayer for Guidance and Help”. Verse one and the beginning of two express my own feelings well. “I offer You my heart, Lord God, and I trust You.”
Turning in The Life Recovery Bible I find Psalm 25 right across from Psalm 23. This is the very psalm that keeps showing up in my thoughts, as well as in various readings I’ve come across the past several days.
Father, I see You as Shepherd. Protector. Guide. I look to You for guidance and I feel at peace. Thank You for Your love.
Quoting David at a vulnerable time of his life, “I offer You my heart, Lord God, and I trust You.” Thank You for this peace and provision that You offer Your loved ones. It truly is in You that I place my trust. Thank You Father God.
Guide me this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(226 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment