Monday, May 14, 2012

time


Monday, May 14, 2012 (7:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
This month is almost half over and I’m sitting here dazed by that fact. Speak to me about using time wisely Most Blessed God.
No sooner had I asked and You delivered. “Psalm 90. The only psalm attributed to Moses, this meditates on human frailty (1-12) and on dependency on the Lord (13-17).” [Illustrated Bible Handbook] Thank You Father.
This is not my first time reading this psalm. I have notes dating back ten years. I’ve pleaded verse twelve to You often. “Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should.”
I’m going through a rough patch here Father. You know the one? Not seeing the forest for the trees. Not knowing up from down. Mixed up. Confused. Sad. Scared. So many unknowns. I used to feel so certain about so many things.
What I find so awesome this morning is the truth that this particular psalm brings out. “You speak, and man turns back to dust” (v. 3). “A thousand years are but as yesterday to You! They are like a single hour!” (4) All my fretting and stewing are not going to add one iota to any of it. YOU are in control. YOU alone art God.
The commentary to verses 13-17 in the Life Recovery Bible says quite simply, “Our restoration to sanity and health depends on our cooperation with God. Only HE can give us the power to be what we ought to be; yet God won’t force changes on us until we want to change. The way we begin is through prayer. We can ask God to make us willing to change and then to give us the strength to follow through with action.”
This is my prayer most Blessed God and Father. Give me willingness and strength to make the changes that YOU know need to be made in my life. Provide it as perfectly as You did the manna in the desert for Your people all those years ago.
“Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well!” I love You so incredibly much and I do NOT want to squander this precious gift of time that You have afforded me. Teach me Father. Make me willing and able to use Your gifts wisely and well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(403 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment