Tuesday, September 28, 2010

unfinished Peacefulness and Rejoicing

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 (8:45 a.m.)

Room 272 Red Lion Inn ~ Eugene, OR

Blessed Lord,

Hallelujah Jesus… my Lord beautiful You are Lord, after looking at the lyrics I don’t even know how to continue. There is such a spirit of calm and peacefulness that has washed over me by just reading Keeper of the stars, Lord of time and space I remember the excitement I felt in recognizing Evan Wickham at church and having him mention when it was that he wrote this to You.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 (7:12 a.m.)

Room 272 Red Lion Inn ~ Eugene, OR

This seems to be quite conflicting! On the one hand I’m giving You part of my attention and on the other, I’m practically cursing the delay of the free internet connection. There is NO peacefulness in the way I began approaching You just now!

Lord, I confess to planning to multitask a birthday greeting to the eighteen year old while throwing a few thanks and praises Your way. NOT at all the way to approach the Creator of the Universe! And even in confessing the dual-mindedness…

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 (10:37 a.m.)

Here I am at home, working to bring the ‘AGOG blog’ up to date and again I am reminded as to just how often it is that I take for granted time spent alone with You. Lord God, how I count on You to be here for me. Yet far too many times I let life get in the way of true praise and worship with You. Thank You for loving me anyway – in spite of all my foibles.

While we’re here at the business of catching up, let me enter an unfinished time of “Rejoicing” from last month.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 (8:33 a.m. CDT)

Room 600 Drury Inn Birmingham, AL

Most Holy God,

Where do I even start? With thanks and praises of course! Thank You Lord for safe travels and a loving Mother and Child Reunion Yes Lord. How blessed are we to be able to come enjoy our beloved son’s neck of the woods: doing simple things like sharing a snack, going grocery shopping and stopping for ice cream. Mm. Yes Lord. I love being able to come before You with my heart rejoicing over simple pleasures. Thank You for this blessed husband that makes and brings me coffee in the morning and then leaves me alone to pray while he goes down to get us breakfast.

As I turn in the Psalms this morning Lord I ask You to add Your understanding to this translation as I struggle with my decision of bringing the more compact New King James Version over my much heavier and favored Bibles.

Blessed Lord, how I love rejoicing with You in Your Word! I begin reading Psalm 19. I get excited about the heavens declaring Your glory and the firmament showing Your handiwork…

*And then the much loved husband returned with breakfast and another prayer went unfinished.

(500 words ~ 11:11 a.m. PDT 9/28/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment