Thursday, September 2, 2010

casual

Thursday, September 2, 2010 (7:59 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Well there went a whole hour and a half of “I just want to check for this one phone number. Oh yeah, what about this number? Let me look at the emails real quick. Oh, and facebook too…”

I rather be here with You Lord! I’d really MUCH rather be here with You! Forgive my casual approach to You. You gave Your life for me and I still haven’t gotten back to consistently giving You the first hour of my day. Hmm. Doesn’t look at all like full esteem and reverence of You from this vantage point. Whatever will You do with me Lord? How will You heighten my level of commitment to You?

I do love You so much. There is no doubt about that! I’m reading in Your Word about sin and gladly suffering in obedience to Your will and Your way (1Peter 4:1). I remember being very flip and irreverent when first presented with this truth several years ago.

Reading of others’ casual approach to Your grace and goodness, I wince at the similarity of Jeremiah’s (3:9) presentation of Your depiction of Judah’s casual behavior toward Your loving kindness. “She treated it all so lightly – to her it was nothing at all that she should worship idols made of wood and stone [or in this particular case ‘bits and microchips’! L]. And so the land was greatly polluted and defiled.”

Lord, it is never my conscious intent to slip over that fine line of obedience into disobedience. There are so many areas where I honestly can’t be trusted. Please Lord, continue Your work in me that I would learn to approach You, Your Word, Your will, Your way with the reverence that is so rightly deserved. Replace my irreverent casualness with full-on esteem and reverence. I love You so very much. I truly do. Thank You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 9:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment