Friday, September 10, 2010

Beloved

Friday, September 10, 2010 (4:28 a.m.)

Blessed Beloved Loving Lord God,

Hmm. Beloved. Much loved. Prized. Dearest. Cherished. Treasured. Esteemed. Revered. Worshiped. Adored.

(8:22 a.m.)

Again Lord,

Let me begin again. I love You. Much earlier this morning, I couldn’t get passed the idea that all the verses I found referenced in Your Word for ‘beloved’ did NOT include Your people referring to You as ‘Beloved’.

There are many verses of You describing Your people, especially Your Son, as beloved. Song of Solomon alone has more than a dozen entries of the two lovers using this descriptive word for one another.

When we first began our time together today, I was looking for a confirming verse that “Beloved” was indeed an appropriate word used to describe You. In not finding it, I came on back to bed. Now I’m even more confused.

Prior to leaving here just before daybreak, my heart and soul and mind started singing a resounding rendition of Let the redeemed of the Lord say so… I’m redeemed I’m redeemed Praise the Lord Immediately upon awakening just now the musical genre has completely changed and the tune is now The Beatles' “Eight Days A Week”.

The cool thing is Lord, in substituting one VITAL Word, the song completely fits my feelings for You! Ooh I need Your love Lord, Guess You know it’s true. Hope You need my love Lord, Just like I need You. Hold me, love me, hold me, love me, Ain’t got nothin’ but love Lord, Eight days a week.

Never are the words I choose to express my feelings toward You ever meant to be the least bit careless or disrespectful. But just look at the truth these next few phrases hold! Love You ev’ry day Lord, Always on my mind. One thing I can say Lord, Love You all the time. Hold me, love me, hold me, love me. Ain’t got nothin’ but love Lord, Eight days a week. Just because it’s corny, doesn’t make it not true!

Eight days a week I love You. Eight days a week Is not enough to show I care. Ooh I need Your love Lord! Eight days a week!

Beloved Lord, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Your own Beloved Son (John 3:16) to suffer and die in my place giving me the honor and the privilege of loving You "eight days a week". I do Lord! I absolutely do. Thank You. Amen.

(410 words ~ 9:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment