Sunday, September 5, 2010

accident

Sunday, September 5, 2010 (6:43 a.m.)

Amazingly, Awesome God,

Thank You! There was a mistake made in the pool here yesterday that could have turned into a much bigger problem. It truly was an accident Lord. One of those things which ‘happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.’ Thankfully to You, the only damage or injury that seemed to have resulted was in the possible hurt or embarrassed feelings of a nine year old girl. Lord, this is where I come to You. I don’t take the potential of my having hurt another lightly.

I don’t know if I overreacted. I truly was scared to think of the ‘undesirable or possibly disastrous results’ that could have stemmed from the act of one fairly confident swimmer grabbing on to a less confident swimmer’s leg. I was right there. There was no real physical damage or injury. But what about emotional harm Lord? Did I go too far in my attempt to make the point for the importance of safety?

This morning my very first cohesive thoughts were to come here before You rejoicing in the fact that You had once again reminded me that my ‘job’ where water is concerned is in helping people learn to be safe in and near it.

I tend to get so excited in wanting others to learn to swim that I have once again forgotten the importance of teaching the safe water rescues that go along with it. Forgive me Lord.

As this final week of what has seemed to be a very short swim season comes to an end, help me teach the things You would have others know Dearest Lord.

I read Your Word and see where You had ‘safe towns’ set up for people to go who had accidentally caused a death. The Preacher/Teacher of Ecclesiastes (1:9) noted “Everything that happens has happened before; nothing is new, nothing under the sun.”

Lord, I am still so easily amazed when I turn to Your Word and see things that I am thinking or feeling that were already spelled out so many years before. Accidents have been happening since before the early pages of Your Word recorded them. I ask You Lord to grant me Your wisdom and grace to deal with them as they arise. And where water is concerned, to help others be better prepared to handle them when they do.

Lord, I love You so very much. Thank You for the time You take with me each and every day. Amen.

(424 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment