Tuesday, September 28, 2010

resolution

Friday, September 17, 2010 (8:01 a.m.)

Merrill Campground Tent Site #76

Eagle Lake, CA 43.7˚

Blessed, Beloved Lord God ~

How do I even begin? Thank You is NOT enough! You have provided us safe travels, spectacular views, wonderful visits and quick resolutions to what few conflicts there have been. Take yesterday’s for instance ~ my jealousy over the reliance on the GPS rather than my own map reading capabilities? Oh Your Goodness Lord! THANK YOU for the rather swift identification and confession to such true triviality. Lord God, thank You for helping me to not only recognize the problem I was having, but to label it and work towards its resolution as well. Thank You Lord. Yes! Thank You!

Thank You for this husband that knows and understands my quirks and moodiness so well that he has learned when to offer help in my struggling and when to let me either work it out on my own and/or identify and have to ask for help when I need it.

Lord ~ You are so good! The two of us on this present trip are rapidly approaching the mark of our sixth decade on this earth. We’ve been traveling together for more than half of those, but never as gently and lovingly as this. It’s You Lord! You, here, in us. You, here, with us.

Three hundred fifty miles and seven hours of driving yesterday would have had disaster written all over it in the past. But Your work in softening our hearts toward You and each other turned every “Oops” and mistake into yet another adventure. Thank You Lord. Thank You!

We had no idea where we were going ~ had NEVER “been down this road before”. I was SO sure there would be “something better” up ahead. Thank You for my dear husband’s gracious acceptance of a lake experience nowhere NEAR our expectations. What a sweet, sweet sound has been in our ears and our hearts with the intense quiet broken only by the hoot of an owl somewhere off in the very early hours.

Thank You for this man’s good natured willingness to build fires and still bring me coffee just the way I like it ALL because You keep working RESOLUTION in our hearts and minds and souls. You are so good to us Lord and we are so very grateful. Help us serve You today as You would have us serve. We love You so much Dear Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(414 words ~ 8:44 a.m. 48˚)

No comments:

Post a Comment