Tuesday, September 28, 2010

fellowship

Monday, September 13, 2010 (6:03 a.m.)

Folsom, CA - Anthony’s Living Room

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! Thank You for our safe travels yesterday. Thank You for an extremely loving atmosphere throughout the drive. Thank You for a true sense of community between my traveling [and marital J] partner and myself. Thank You Lord for a genuine feeling of camaraderie.

Yesterday Lord I had asked You if we could speak this morning about fellowship. My first thought just earlier was again about that very thing. And just like that ~ SNAP! I’m in tears. Not just any tears mind You. Deep, profound, loving tears marking the first anniversary of a time well spent in true fellowship with my brother, one year ago today.

You, Lord, are fully responsible for the love that transpired that day ~ the love of a daughter for her dad, a sister for her brother and yes Lord, even of a man for himself. Thank You Lord. There are not enough “Thank You” s in the world with which to express the heartfelt gratitude I have for You of giving me this past year of fellowship with my brother.

Thank You is NOT enough to show I care… (Eight days a week… I love you…)

Most Beloved and Loving God, as we begin to pack up this morning and continue on our journey, Lord how I ask that YOU would be our Guide. Make us keenly aware of the many things You have for us to know and do.

Even as I pray this, my mind keeps jumping ahead to the very ending of what has become known as Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians. Blessed Lord, as I turn to things to read today, would You please make this particular book my go to resource? Make it come as alive to me later as it is right now. Provide for me YOUR ability to fully live Paul’s closing words to the church at Corinth. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14). Oh yes Dearest Lord. Make it so.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(366 words ~ 7:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment