Monday, September 6, 2010

♫Holy, Holy, Holy♫

Labor Day Monday, September 6, 2010 (4:04 a.m.)

Good really early morning Lord,

The clock said 3:33 and I’ve been singing Holy, Holy, Holy ever since. Coming out here and looking it up, at least now it makes sense! We sang it in church yesterday morning. Open the eyes of my heart Lord… I want to see You… high and lifted up Shining in the light of Your glory Pour out Your power and love As we sing holy, holy, holy Holy, holy, holy… I want to see You

Wow Lord! What a thought! To actually see You? I see evidences of You constantly. There’s the beauty that surrounds us almost endlessly. I see You in the way we’ve changed by growing in You and Your Word. But to actually see You? Shining in the light of Your glory? I don’t even know what that would be like!

Absolutely overwhelming. Completely awestruck. These are just a few of the thoughts that immediately come to mind. I’m going back to bed for awhile to meditate on the idea of truly having Your power and love poured out upon me.

It’s very early Lord and these thoughts are wonderfully profound. Open the eyes of my heart Lord especially as I prepare to again close the eyes of my body. I love You!

(7:24 a.m.)

Thank You Lord for a few more hours of sleep. Thank You that during that time of rest I continued contemplating what it would be like to have You pour out Your power and loveand for us to sing Holy, holy, holy

Lord, How I thank You for these thoughts. Thinking these things allowed me to get to a place of much needed awareness. An opening of the eyes of my heart if You will. I have slipped back over to a place of storing up hurt feelings. Rather than discussing them or better still, just letting them go, I’ve been harboring them. Holding on to occasionally take another look as to why I am justified to feel as I do.

Thank You God for giving me words to express myself. Non-judgmentally. Without malice or discontent. Just straightforward, matter-of-fact “My feelings were hurt when…”

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You love us so much that You always want Your best for us. Thank You that You have the patience to wait for us to want You too. Mm. Yes. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(410 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment