Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HOME!

Monday, September 27, 2010 (11:06 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Lord

We’re home! Safe and sound ~ thanks to You and the good driving skills of this precious husband. What is home Lord? Is it truly where the heart is? What will Your Word have to say about it?

I’ll go with the direction of Deuteronomy 6 ~ “A Call to Love God”. Speak to me about this God. For almost two weeks (10 days to be exact) I have practically avoided You. Not You specifically ~ but the time set apart to be alone with You and Your Word. You provided me with ample beauty and genuine desire. What was it then that kept me thinking, “I’ll do it tomorrow. First thing tomorrow!” Oh the good intentions of my heart fall so far short in being executed.

So ~ back to this call to love You. I do! You know I do! All the whys and wherefores aren’t going to change that. You and I BOTH know You deserve far more than the “Oh, Hi God” s I’ve rather casually offered up to You these past ten days. Yes, there were genuine awe-filled moments where I stood in speechless reverence at the grandeur of Your creation. But even those don’t hold a candle to actually pulling out Your Word and communing intimately alone with You.

I DO take You for granted Lord! I don’t mean to. I try hard not to. The despicably bottom line is that I choose way too many things over You ~ TV, food, people, places, things… The list is endless. And where is it that I truly feel most at home? With You! Wherever I am ~ whenever I take the time to bring out a Bible with some sort of writing implement and pour my heart to You. Yes! Home IS where the heart is and my heart is ALWAYS with You. Even when it seems it isn’t, I know it is!

Forgive me once again Dearest Lord for my repeatedly feeble attempts to “catch up” with You in nature. No matter the flora or fauna ~ NOTHING takes the place of my just sitting alone with You, Your Word and writing my heart out to You. Thank You for again reminding me that there ARE NO shortcuts to You! You gave Your commandments (Deuteronomy 5:6-21) to Moses to remind Your people of the importance of guarding our allegiance to You. Just thinking about You is NOT the same as spending time alone with You. Even openly thanking and praising You is not giving You the proper place in our lives.

As much as I thank You Blessed Lord for bringing us safely back to our home, far more importantly is my thanks for again bringing me home to You! I love You so incredibly much Dearest Lord and I have truly, deeply, sincerely missed this time alone at HOME in my heart with You.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(497 words ~ 12:18 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment