Wednesday, September 8, 2010

attributes

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 (7:05 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Blessed Lord. Superior Being. There are far too many adjectives with which to even begin describing Your attributes. Right now I’m stuck with a song heard on the radio yesterday while driving on our way to lunch with precious friends. Lord, how wonderful it is to me when I hear something, am able to find it easily and still associate its message back to You.

I’m Yours (Jason Mraz) is that song for me this morning! It’s light and cheery. The much-loved husband and I are still humming it, with smiles on our faces and hearts. Psalm 8 gives me a link to the stretch I’ve again taken while quite readily singing Your praises.

The Bible Handbook refers to this psalm thusly, “How awesome God is, whose greatness is shown in creation, and who stoops to care for man!” WOW, God! How wonderfully You provide for us! Thank You.

Psalm 8 was used by Debbie and Michael W. Smith to pen their praise song How Majestic Is Your Name They, too, saw this as such “an expression of joy from a man (King David) who understood the majesty of creation… and that God had entrusted man to rule over it! Furthermore, the psalmist affirms our worth in this psalm. No room for poor self-image here!”

The Life Recovery Bible speaks in its notes to this low self-esteem theme as well. “We see here that God has made us to be fantastic beings with great powers and privileges. We should never sell ourselves short. Our self-esteem should be based on what God thinks of us – not what others say about us.”

Ah, [-some J] God! You are just so incredibly good. Shifting over to a devotional reading entitled “Self-perception” I again read that ‘our ability to see ourself as we truly are in God’s eyes was probably warped.’ “God wants us to realize how precious we are to Him and to begin to see ourself in the light of His love.”

Thank You Lord for providing me with yet another catchy tune that helped me dig deeper into Your Word and be able to affirm once again just how very much You love even me.

I love You so very much Dearest Lord. And all I can add here is a happy little tune that helps me laugh and dance So I won’t hesitate no more, no more It cannot wait, I’m sure There’s no need to complicate, our time is short This is our fate, I’m Yours Ah, thank You God! I AM Yours! Amen.

(434 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment