Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lord

Thursday, September 9, 2010 (4:59 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Good early morning. Thank You for sleep and rest and waking up in time to go watch children for loved ones. Lord, thank You for the fun and imaginations of these same children from yesterday. Thank You for a successful cataract removal of their aunt.

Beloved Lord, there’s a trip coming up and a brother already on one. Plus there was some very sad news of an older friend of a friend minding his own business while walking in a seemingly safe neighbor and getting beaten up.

All kinds of happenings, Lord, and again I thank You that I get to come before You with them. Lord, You are so good, so kind. Oh! And Lord. Thank You ESPECIALLY for the shared thoughts of a nine year old last evening as he proclaimed that he thinks his mom and dad need to start taking he and his brother and sister to church. I don’t know where that came from Lord, but as I prepare to go over there right now [with oatmeal pancake mix at the ready J] how I ask for YOUR words to further the conversation.

We had fun together yesterday Lord. All of us. This morning I ask for Your power and strength to do it all over again. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You for some time together before I have to go. You alone made it possible for me to be here with You (1 Corinthians 1:30). And even as I look to find a scripture using “God alone”, I know to take The Learning Bible with me this morning. Heavy as it is. It’s perfect for this particular nine year old.

Thank You Lord. Speak to me more throughout this day about Your power and wisdom. You Lord came “to save us and to make us wise, acceptable and holy.” I could use a LOT of You today Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 5:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment